Why everytime I launch wxDownload Fast, there always an error message that says:
display HTML document in ISO-8859-1 encoding"?
This happen because the library wxWidgets used to build the wxDownload Fast was built without unicode support. To fix this, rebuild the wxWidgets with the options --enable-unicode, and then rebuild the wxDownload Fast.^ TOP
Why when I minimize the wxDownload Fast, it disappear and cannot find?
If the program is started just calling the executable ($ wxdfast), a icon will appear on the system tray (some times called notification area). This works on Windows, Gnome, KDE and so on. If you for some reason don't use the notification area, the program should be started with the command: $ wxdfast --notray
With this option the program will go to the taskbar when it is minimized.
Why everytime I start the program I get a message box stating that "the password appears more than once in /config"?
This problem normally happen when the config file (wxDownload Fast.ini) is corrupted. To solve this, remove the config file (c:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\wxDownload Fast.ini), and add the downloads again. Don't worry in loose the pieces that you already downloaded. If you add the same files again, the program will use the pieces already downloaded.^ TOP
Exist a Gentoo ebuild script for the wxDownload Fast?
Yes. A ebuild script created by the Gentoo comunity is available in http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=167946^ TOP
How to build the wxDownload Fast from the SVN ?
Follow this steps:
- Download the source code from SVN using: $ svn checkout http://dfast.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dfast/trunk
- Get in the directory "trunk/wxDFast"
- Generate the "configure script" using: $./bootstrap
- Run the $ ./configure command
The follow options are available:
- --enable-debug - Builds in debug mode (the wxWidgtes library need to be in debug mode too)
- --enable-win32build - Use when building on Windows system
- --enable-portable - Use this to build in portable mode (Windows only)
- --with-wxdir="WXWIDGETS_DIR" - Do the "configure script" look for the wxWidgtes library at the specified location
- --with-wx-config="WXCONFIG_SCRIPT" - Do the "configure script" look for the wxWidgtes wx-config script at the specified location
- Run $ make to build the program
- Run $ make install to install the program
Look the README file for more informations.^ TOP
What is the difference between the normal and the portable release?
The normal release was created to be installed on the computer, this way all the program configurations
stay saved on the user folder(normally Documents and Settings\usuer).
The portable release was created to be used directly, without the need of installation. This way, it can be executed directly from pen drives. All the program configurations stay saved on the same folder as the program executable.